Business Resources and News on COVID-19
The Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce understands that this is an uncertain time with many businesses asking critical questions. Our Board of Directors and staff are working closely with community partners and our peers in Dakota County, at the MN Chamber of Commerce and US Chamber of Commerce to provide reliable information for the health of your business. The resources below will be updated daily so please check back for the most up to date information. We believe in the strength, creativity and resiliency of our local businesses. Please reach out to the Hastings Chamber with helpful information, ideas or needs as they come about. Now is the time to unite as one community, we are stronger together.
Click Here to few multiple webinars that address business concerns and questions in the COVID-19 era.
NEW: Beginning at midnight on Friday, November 18th, all bars, restaurants, gyms, fitness centers, entertainment venues and pools will be closed until December 18th.
No organized business meetings, receptions, social gatherings or events should take place.
Do not gather with people from other households. No indoor or outdoor gatherings, except with immediate household members. No person from outside your immediate household should enter your home.
On July 25th, 2020 a state-wide mask mandate went into effect for the State of Minnesota. Click the links below to few where masks are required.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Mask Up Minnesota
- Face Covering Requirements and Recommendations - Executive Order 20.81
Industry Guidance for Safely Reopening Businesses: CLICK HERE
Do you have a Pandemic Safety Plan in place?
Recent survey data says 72% of Americans are fearful of going back to normal purchasing practices. It is extremely important to build consumer confidence NOW. Make sure your customers and employees know how you plan to keep them safe. Below are a few resources to help businesses prepare their plan.
- Find an Employer Preparedness Requirements HERE.
- MN Guidance on Reopening can be found HERE.
- Find templates HERE.
- Follow guidelines set out by MNOSHA.
- Find Frequently Asked Business Questions HERE.
- Remember you know your business model the best. Be creative while keeping the safety of employees and customers in mind.
When you have a plan in place, please let us know! We would like to promote it for you. Email Kristy@hastingsmn.org.
Funding Options: Federal, State & County
- Small Business Grants - Dakota County: Dakota County is offering grants of up to $10,000 for small businesses with less than 50 employees who can prove COVID-19 has had a negative effect on their business. Grant applications are open until Friday, August 14th, 2020.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) – SBA loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. This resumed April 27th.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) guidance for employers – Links to information on small business products and loans, guidance on access to capital and the local assistance directory.
Taxes & Regulations
- MN Department of Revenue overview on Income Taxes, Business Taxes & Property Taxes as they relate to COVID-19
- Sales and Use Tax Extension - Minnesota Department of Revenue is granting a 30-day Sales and Use Tax grace period for businesses identified in Executive Order 20-04. During this time the department will not assess penalties or interest.
- Governor Walz and Lt. Governor Flanagan Newsroom - Get the latest news, press releases and statements from Governor Walz.
- Unemployment Insurance is open for all MN workers. To receive assistance fast, apply online.
- FAQ on Unemployment Insurance: DEED - Governor signed to ensure Minnesotans affected by the COVID-19 crisis have access to unemployment benefits, and to ensure that businesses aren’t required to pay into the system to cover these additional costs.
- DEED Shared Work Program - For employers that need to reduce workers' hours and avoid layoffs.
- Employer Guide to COVID-19 Paid Leave Program
- Guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-10 (OSHA)
Hastings and Dakota County Updates
Click the links below for the most up to date community information from the City of Hastings, School District 200, Dakota County and Regina Hospital
Facts Surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updates - Ongoing updates on the disease, how it is spread and testing.
- CDC guidelines for business - Health and workplace details and suggestions surrounding COVID-19.
- MN Department of Health - Guidance for all Minnesotans on Coronavirus.
How can you help in your community?
- Use the resources above to set a pandemic plan and share that plan with your employees and customers. Communicate quickly each time their is a change in the plan.
- Reach out to your business owner peers to offer support and brainstorm ideas. Join the Hastings Businesses Band Together Facebook page and share information that has helped your business manage the effects of COVID-19. The Chamber staff can also help in making connections via email.
- Purchase take out from your local restaurants and but gift cards for all other services effected by social distancing (salons, retailers, auto shops, etc.)
- Keep your gym membership, we will all need a place to socialize and stay healthy when this passes!
- Stay up to date on the needs of our non-profits as they continue to provide assistance. Hastings Family Service, Hastings United Way and 360 Communities
- Thank all those on the front line, especially healthcare professionals.
- Continue to follow recommendations from the CDC surrounding social distancing and hand washing.