The Value of Chambers
Welcome to the Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce! Being a Chamber member is an important step in growing your business. It increases positive perception with consumers, puts you in touch with numerous business leaders and increases your visibility.
By choosing to be a Chamber Member, you are not only investing in your business but also in the community.
The Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce is committed to its mission “to lead, promote, and advocate for the Hastings area business community to reinforce a strong local economy.” Be sure to check out upcoming events and additional ways to get involved.
Attend Monthly Chamber Events:
Luncheons are a great way to network and educate yourself. We bring in speakers the first Thursday of the month to present on topic relevant to the business community’s needs.
Business After Hours offer FREE appetizers and are held at a different member location four times a year. As a guest, it’s a perfect opportunity to network in a relaxed environment and have fun! As a host, we bring numerous business and community leaders inside your doors providing an opportunity to showcase your services and introduce your staff. These book up fast, so call now to become a host!
Lunch Mobs are hosted at a different restaurant the third Wednesday of every month. There is no need to RSVP, just show up and power network! The first 10 guests to arrive receive $2.00 off of their lunch, and the Chamber will pay for one lucky guest’s lunch in full. We encourage guests to sit with a new group of people each month. The host restaurant will provide fun trivia questions to help break the ice!
Participate In Annual Chamber Events
Annual Awards Dinner is an evening event in January where 250+ attendees join together to celebrate Hastings Business of the Year, Educator of the Year and Volunteer of the Year. Guests enjoy a large silent auction, raffle and plated meal. This not only is a fundraiser for the Chamber but provides two $1,000 college scholarships to Hastings High School students. It’s also an opportunity to reward your staff for all the hard work they’ve done throughout the year.
Rivertown Days is a community wide celebration that takes place the third full weekend in July! It’s fun for the whole family with an arts and crafts show, water shows, carnival, music and entertainment stage, food trucks, fireworks, Sunday parade and much, much more! Rivertown Days brings thousands of people to the Hastings community and as a Chamber member, you’ll receive discounts to participate in the event as a commercial vendor or parade unit.
Stay Informed With Chamber Communication
Read your weekly update for Chamber news and events. The weekly e-newsletter is also a great place to advertise your business to 500+ business representatives.
Access the Member Center on the chamber website (www.hastingsmn.org) and post job openings, hot deals and events!
Get Involved and Connect
Join a committee and volunteer for events that interest you. It a great way to build relationships with other chamber members and share your expertise.
- Ambassador Committee: Conducts monthly visits to new businesses and members and serves as a welcoming unit of the Chamber.
- Business Advocacy Committee: Assists businesses with issues pertinent to them and provides referrals to other agencies and resources. Promotes local business development.
- Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner Committee: Plans the annual dinner event for 250 people held each year in January.
- Rivertown Days Committee: Coordinates the Rivertown Days festival, a community wide event that provides live music, food, fireworks, water shows, a carnival and craft fair. Did you know it takes over 100 volunteers to pull off Rivertown Days? It also takes a dedicated and creative committee to plan Hastings largest community event!
- Tourism Bureau Board: Appointed by the Board of Directors, this ten member committee utilizes the funds received through lodging tax to promote Hastings as a place to explore, shop, dine and stay.