Tired of the same old button pushing type of machine operation? If so, then Intek Plastics is for you! We are seeking highly detailed, mechanically inclined people to help build our brand and company! Due to growth, we are seeking individuals that want to make an impact from day one. If you like to problem solve, like variety, and a fast paced, creative working environment then look no further! APPLY TODAY!
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Excellent benefits – Including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, HSA, and a 401 with 6% dollar for dollar match!
- Competitive salary-- $18.62-20.12 to start depending on shift
- Growing company – Intek Plastics has grown 20% in the past two years and continues to expand (which gives you more opportunities).
- New leadership who live out the core values of passion, integrity, innovation, fun, safety, health & environment
- Clean and safe facility
- Variety of work – As a custom manufacturer, every day will be different.
What you will bring to the position:
- 1-2 years of previous manufacturing/machine operation experience
- Ability to Read and understand prints (part dimensions, fabrication, packaging)
- Demonstrated use of precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers and dedicated check fixtures and other hand tools.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Candidates will be required to pass Intek’s Assessment
- mechanical aptitude
- basic computer skills
What you will do:
- Set up extruder and co-extruder, install screws, dies, heater bands, etc
- Set up and operate secondary equipment: saws, punching systems, primers, tapers, etc
- Start equipment; set operating parameters; pull down plastic
- Run product in a production setting and identify when abnormal conditions occur
- Read and understand prints (part dimensions, fabrication, packaging requirements)
- Perform quality checks: Measure and record appropriate data in SPC and LCS
- Calculate footage and record production information in IFS
- Perform changeovers, length changes, angle changes
- Shut down, tear down and properly clean equipment and prepare it for the next run
- Perform 5S and TPM tasks as assigned, maintaining a clean and safe workplace
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts