~ WE CREATE WINNING EXPERIENCES ~
$21.00 an hour
* Hourly shift differential for swing and grave shifts *
$2.00 an hour additional for swing shift
$2.00 an hour additional for grave shift
*Hire on Bonus*
$2,000 hire on bonus is for new hires and rehires that are returning after 5 years or more. The bonus will be paid out in equal $665/$670 portions after successfully completing 3 months, 6 months and 9 months of employment with Treasure Island Resort & Casino.
SUMMARY: To assist the Sous Chef with day-to-day kitchen operations.
- Ensure food quality including presentation, portioning, timeliness and consistency
- Assist with interviewing, training and scheduling cooks
- Follow procedures for food storage, rotation, spoilage, sanitation, and prevention of cross-contamination including items are properly marked and stored
- Follow recipes, times and temperatures in order to produce high quality and consistent products
- Demonstrate knowledge of menu items and execute standards
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work area and conform to Indian Health Service standards
IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 3 years quantity or buffet-style cooking experience
- Previous knowledge of kitchen design and experience with the operation of grills, roast-and-hold ovens, conventional and convection ovens, fryers, etc.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- High level organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to learn proper equipment usage
- Previous lead / supervisory experience
~ Four reasons why our Team Members have chosen to stick around for 20+ years! ~
o The People – amazing to work with and to take care of.
o The Benefits – affordable health coverage, no cost on-site clinic, 401(k) and match and so much more.
o The Career – well-paying opportunities to develop and grow with or without a degree.
o The Little Things – Length of Service Award, Team Member of the Month (WAVE of Excellence) Program, random free meals & ice cream, Holiday food vouchers, Team Member parties, discounts on fuel at Dakota Station, discounts throughout the property and more!
NOTE: A Resume is required for this job.