We are in search of a System Design Manager to oversee a group of 10 employees in our staking and design section of Engineering Services. The person in the position will direct the project management of several million dollars of mainline cable additions and changes to the electrical facilities, and new commercial and residential consumer projects based on the construction budget. This includes managing the acquisition of land, land rights, easements, and permitting as required for all construction projects. They will also be responsible for managing locating and ensuring compliance with all locations statutes and rules, pole testing, ensuring service boundaries, and joint use utilities.
Essential duties include:
- Manages the team of stakers and designers to ensure that responsibilities are assigned, and the execution of tasks are completed according to the scope, schedule, budget, risk constraints, and quality requirements.
- Manages locators, including contractors.
- Participates in project scoping, costing and proposal preparation, interviews, and negotiations to the extent required.
- Plans, organizes, communicates and coordinates project.
- Leads and works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Organizes, manages and maintains project information and records systems.
- Achieves project objectives including quality/scopes, budgets, and schedules.
- Must possess a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Must possess a minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Five years of supervisory and management experience within those 10 years is required.
- Demonstrated capabilities and success in managing medium to large projects.
- Ability to manage multi-office projects and multiple projects concurrently.
- Operating knowledge and experience with personal computers.
- Thorough knowledge of utility system operations and construction.
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) and National Electric Safety Code (NESC).
- General knowledge of construction techniques and an ability to read plans and specifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.