Carlson Capital Management is a Minnesota based, comprehensive wealth management firm managing over $2 billion in assets and serving over 1000 clients throughout the country, CCM brings together in one place the key disciplines of investment, estate, tax, retirement, risk management and philanthropic planning to provide fully integrated wealth management.
Carlson Capital Management is not structured like a traditional CPA firm. Our tax professionals work collaboratively with colleagues of varied expertise, within a defined range of core hours. While increases in workload will naturally occur during peak tax seasons, our tax professionals experience a more balanced, proactive work environment.
Tax Support Specialist – All Offices
Responsibilities will primarily include performing a broad scope of administrative and support tasks for the integrated tax management of a defined segment of our client base. A full-time role is desired and seasonal work will be considered for qualified candidates.
- Preparing address lists and labels for tax client mailings
- Fielding and routing phone calls from clients and colleagues
- Organizing the filing cabinet for client tax organizers and making folders for new tax clients
- Ensuring client files include the most recent tax forms and reports
- Processing and mailing tax organizers
- Opening and distributing CCM mail to appropriate internal locations
- Logging and tracking status changes using tax software
- Scanning of tax organizers into electronic filing database
- Processing and mailing client tax returns
- Ensuring Form K1s are mailed and/or saved electronically
- E-filing and sending acceptance letters
- Processing invoice payments and routing for deposit.
- Preparing and processing client property tax refunds
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in administrative support or tax-related services is required
- Experience in an administrative or client support role in a legal or financial business environment is preferred
- Proficiency with client relationship management (CRM) or financial (tax) related software solutions is preferred