The Smead Manufacturing Company is a leader in office filing products. Smead is a privately held, family-owned business well-known for its integrity, high quality, environmentally responsible products and innovative organizational systems. This position is located in Hastings, MN 15 min SE of St. Paul; an easy commute from the south or east side of the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
We are looking for a committed Accounting (AR & AP) Associate that is organized and detailed oriented. The Accounting Associate performs daily activities related to both Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable. Responsibilities include ensuring timely processing, accurate Customer invoices, payments, Supplier invoices, and payments, and helps resolve supplier / customer issues.
· Perform Accounts Receivable activities including verifying transaction information, processing customer invoices and credit memos. Ensure cash applications are posted in a timely and accurate manner.
· Perform Accounts Payable activities including processing vendor invoicing including 3 way match and account coding, cash payments including ACH, checks and wires, credit memos, credit cards. Ensure appropriate documentation and approval. Work with the Plants and Purchasing to resolve issues.
· Accumulate, review and compile transaction data to accurately and timely submit Sales and Local tax reporting / filing.
· Assist with monthly / annual accounting close and year-end audit
· Various projects as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Graduate with four or more years of experience in AP or AR
· OR Associates Degree in business or accounting with two years of experience in AP or AR
· Direct experience in AR with customer invoicing and cash applications
· Direct experience in AP with Vendor invoices and cash payments
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Good problem solving skills
· Good computer skills including Microsoft Office with expertise in Excel
· Experience with ERP systems
No relocation provided. No Agencies. EOE - As an Equal Opportunity Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.